Index: READ THIS FIRST


Support Rank 1!

This goes without saying but if you want good music to be made, support the artists that provide you with it. Check out the following links to buy their tracks:
 

Beatport: https://www.beatport.com/artist/rank-1/642
Deezer: https://www.deezer.com/en/artist/3064
Junodownloads: https://www.junodownload.com/artists/Rank+1/releases/
Spotify: https://open.spotify.com/artist/1eQe86RbDKRIiGZk08r9YJ/

Now... Welcome to the Rank 1 Fan Blog! On this blog you will find all the trivia related to Piet Bervoets & Benno de Goeij's most successful and most famous Electronic music project: Rank 1!


To view a timeline of all their official releases with sound samples/previews, please visit: https://symsonic1.blogspot.com

Below you will find the various self-explanatory posts that cover their releases, radio show, DJ sets, live acts, interviews and more!

Sound Development & Personalities
Here I write about how the guys have developed and I list their most popular releases per era so to speak.

Discography
Singles, Remixes, albums and mix compilations... The short version!

Releases overview
Self-explanatory innit, m8?

Remixes Overview
Self-explanatory innit, m8?

Interviews
They don't like interviews... They prefer to let their music do the talking. But when they do decide to speak, it tends to get funny!

Trivia
All the useless information I could find about them for your boredom! :D

Wrongly Tagged!
What? They never worked with him/her/them!

Videoclips
Seeeeeeeeensatioooooonnnnnnnn!

Label Previews
Unmixed versions galore! :D

Unreleased/Rumored Material
So whatever happened to The Great Escape (Rank 1 Remix)??

Studio Albums
NEW RANK 1 MATERIAL OMG OMG OMG

Mix Compilations
Quite often a sneaky platform to acquaint us with upcoming Rank 1 gems ;)

Ah.fm: Radio Rush [04/2010 - 01/2013]
The Old Style Rank 1's Radio Rush!

Di.fm: Radio Rush [02/2013 - Now]
The New Style Rank 1's Radio Rush!

Radio Rush Retro Records
Those Piet/Benno gems from back in the days... 

Supported Labels on Radio Rush
Piet did his part in promoting new talents/labels!

Radio Sets
Guest mixes with your favorite duo... Sometimes with interviews inbetween!

Live Acts
Get your keyboards out, guys... L.E.D. There Be LIVE!

DJ Sets 2000-2004
Piet behind the Wheels Of Steel Part 1~

DJ Sets 2005-2009
Piet behind the Wheels Of Steel Part 2~

DJ Sets 2010-2014
Piet behind the Wheels Of Steel (or Sticks Of Plastic) Part 3~

DJ Sets 2015-2019
Piet behind the Wheels Of Steel (or Sticks Of Plastic) Part 4~

DJ Sets 2020-2024
Piet behind the Wheels Of Steel (or Sticks Of Plastic) Part 5~

Rank 1's Other Projects
You thought over a 120 official Rank 1 versions was a lot to digest? Wait till you see the 300 other productions they were involved in! 

So why did I create this blog? For starters, I've wanted to do something for Rank 1 as a grateful gesture for ages now. Their music has brought me so much joy and fun throughout the years! I also noticed the (now-defunct, sadly :(( ) Bervoets & De Goeij page wasn't being updated anymore so I decided to do something about it myself. Then there is the fact that even though the above-mentioned site provides all of Piet & Benno's productions ever, it does not list the Rank 1 DJ sets nor the stories behind the gentlemen. I thought it would be nice to have one single location where all this information is stored. Well, two locations then, I've also created a "Rank 1 Timeline" which lists all their singles, albums, remixes and mix compilations in chronological order as much as possible: 

Unfortunately I don't have any web-building skills so that's why I chose this blog-format. Enjoy the read, and I hope you will find what you are looking for. :)

NOTE #1: This blog is meant to HELP fans of Rank 1 find information about them. I don't get payed to maintain it, neither do I gain profit from it in any way! If Rank 1 or the labels they are affiliated with are in any way offended by the information being posted here, please email me about it and I will remove said information.


NOTE #2: This is a FAN blog. That means that you will be reading very positively biased and subjective words towards
 Rank 1 when scrolling through introductions each post. Don't like them (anymore) or never did to begin with? Stop wasting your time and get of this blog, there is nothing of interest for you here. Don't mean to be harsh, just being honest.

NOTE #3: Read something that's not correct or do you have additional information to add?  


Contact me here: ceciliodorosario@hotmail.com

Comments

  1. Nice blog I just found a lot of stuff that I was not informed thanks :D

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you very much mate, that's why I started it :D If you have additional info, feel free to tell/contact me!

      Delete
  2. I was always interested about the performance that Rank 1 made in Trance Energy 2001 the tracklist is not completed it and there is not mp3 that I could find so far :/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I saw a partial Youtube vid of it once which was about 14 or 11 minutes long, will look into it!

      Delete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts